Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Blast from The Past

The acme of the career of this week's act was a four year "flash in the pan", at least as far as overt commercial success is concerned. They rode the wave pretty good while the surf was up.

It's true they continued writing and performing well into the 90s with a cult following. But it is their classic hits (everyone has heard many times over) that still get significant airplay on classic rock outlets, there are many obscure tunes that I thought made for some good listens.

If you liked these guys as I did, here are a couple you might like:





Ask Steppenwolf fans their favorite song and I'd bet willing to bet 65-70% would say, "Born To Be Wild".

While I thought it was okay, I found that I always liked this one best:



Enjoy.


4 comments:

Z said...

Rock Me Baby, is my VERY favorite...but I DO love Born To Be Wild...especially driving in the car with the windows down!

I LOVE Steppenwolf..thanks for the music!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, LA ...

Semper Fi

LA Sunset said...

You are most welcome Z.

And thank you Colonel Mustang, sir. But I never would have guessed you were much of a Steppenwolf fan.

Anonymous said...

Got me rockin and remembering the days where all I had to worry about was whether or not my skirt was too short (landing me the privilege of sitting in the dean's office all day!) and whether or not I'd be able to get the car on the weekend!!! It was a nice escape!

HAM