Thursday, April 12, 2007

MSNBC Will Replace Imus

Advertisers pulled out and MSNBC had no other choice but to give the I-Man the ax. I expect CBS to follow suit, soon if not before I get this posted.

Now MSBC must find a suitable replacement. And as you may guess, I have a suggestion: The highly touted, highly respected and honored Bob and Tom Show. It has won several Marconi Awards and is syndicated all over the country. You can see here, if they are on station near you.

Here is a short bit during a March broadcast:



This is a piece that got a lot of airplay on this show over the years of this show:



Of course it stands to reason that if you are going to have a song that pokes fun at men, you have to have one that does women too:



I will throw in this bit, just for good measure:



Check these out when you get time, they are not long. This show is the Saturday Night Live of morning radio.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

By SNL of radio you must mean - Used to be funny once upon a time, but sucks for the last several years?

Anonymous said...

I love the man song and woman song. I sent those around to my friends for good laughs. Had no idea midwesterners could be so funny! ;)

A.C. McCloud said...

Do they still blow stuff up?

LA Sunset said...

Anonymous,

The thing about SNL is, they have endured multiple turn-overs, with several going on to bigger and better things. They managed to pull it off, until a few years ago, when they lost Sandler, Ferrell, Schneider, and that bunch.

By contrast, the nucleus of the B&T Show has stayed together. They get old to me, I get a bit burnt out on them. But you have to consider that I have listened to them for a few years now. For those that haven't heard them, they might be a fresh face.

LA Sunset said...

Greg,

Those are just two of the funniest I could find on You Tube. They have much better material on CDs.

The Piston Song is one of the funniest I have ever heard.

I have Piston glasses, I have Piston ashtrays, I have Piston mugs, etc.

LA Sunset said...

AC,

//Do they still blow stuff up?//

I am not sure, haven't heard of anything lately. What did they blow up, when you heard them? I know they have had a ton of stunts backfire.

A.C. McCloud said...

My wife used to pass thru Indy on her way to school and said they used to play tapes sent in by local bands. If they didn't like the tapes, they'd explode them (via sound effects I guess) on the air.

LA Sunset said...

AC,

They have every possible sound effect somewhere in that studio. I don't think they do that as much as they used to. They still have some call-ins that are obviously bogus, but they are funny.