Monday, May 09, 2005

Low Volume Blogging

The complete purpose of all of the home improvement I have had to endure at the strict insistence of my wife, has been fulfilled.

The Aussies are here.

So, being the good host that I am, my blogging will be thin until Thursday, or so. They have been on a world capital tour and now they are taking America by storm. They even brought me a bottle of Grand Marnier from Paris. (I know it's French, but since it's the only thing that the French do exceptionally well, I will not cut off my nose to spite my face)

Anyway, I will post when I can. And as always, thank you for reading.

4 comments:

VARepublicMan said...

To be a proper host, you need to show them everything, including your blog!

Be sure to report on the visit.

LA Sunset said...

Well.

Right now, they are at WalMart. Go figure, they wanted to see a WalMart. So my wife took them.

Oh well, it is giving me a chance to watch the Indiana-Detroit game (which isn't really much of a game).

VARepublicMan said...

Walmart?! I can't believe Sam Walton didn't make it to Australia. To each his own, I guess.

I spent a little time in Scotland and when I was there I really looked forward to the fish and chips. Ask a typical Scot, however, and they would equate fish and chips to a Big Mac, i.e. nothing special. But to me... that breaded white fish with thick chunks of potato all deep fried and sprinkled with salt and vinegar. Mmmm...mm. Nothing like it in the world!

LA Sunset said...

Sounds like a winner to me.

The only thing I would add is a mug of Bass Pale Ale.