Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

It's being said in homes, in phone conversations, and all throughout the blogosphere. And although it's been said many times, many ways, I would like to say Merry Christmas to all my readers. Thank you all, for being a fan of Political Yen/Yang.

And to all that read this, please remember the troops that are far from home and family, in your thoughts and your prayers. If there are any that happen to stumble across this site and read this message, I want to say thank you. Thank you for being on the job and for the sacrifices you have willingly made, to keep this nation safe and free. May God bless each and everyone of you.

And to show my appreciation to you brave men and women, I am linking to this neat site that I found after being directed to another, by my good friend
Always On Watch. After reading the poem that she linked to, I got curious and searched the site for more neat stuff. And then, I found the best little poem written by a Marine in 1991.

Maybe you have already read it, but believe me, it's well worth another read. It is guaranteed to bring a tear to your eye. If you haven't you are in for a treat.

So enjoy, and once again, Merry Christmas.

7 comments:

Jason Pappas said...

Our apartment building has a Christmas Tree in the lobby where the residents put toys that will be distributed by the Marines to less forunate children.

Merry Christmas, LA!

Anonymous said...

As one travels the road of life, we encounter many people, each with the individual quirks and eccentricities. We tend to value these contacts for various reasons. Some because they are in a position to help us personally or professionally, some because we empathize with them or their individual situations, and some because we find ourselves connected to them in a special way. These latter groups of people are few in number, and they become our friends, as distinguished from acquaintances. In fact, at the end of our life's journey, we are indeed fortunate if we can name five people who are truly our friend – which I tend to describe as like a brother or sister, but without the blood relationship. Often, friends are much more important to us than our blood relatives are because we get to choose our friends. They become our friends because we accept them for who they are; we admire their strengths, and we help them to face their weaknesses. Now it so happens that I am unaware of your weaknesses, LA . . . but I know of your strengths and I am very proud to call you my friend.

May God bless you and those you love and it is my prayer that your every good turn to others will be repeated many times over -- it is the one proven way to achieve a better world. And I believe that you are making an important contribution in that regard, too.

Merry Christmas, my friend . . . and a happy, healthful, and prosperous NEW YEAR.

Semper Fidelis,

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Merry Christmas LA to you and your family!

AICS

gandalf said...

have a really good one LA

Σ. Alexander said...

Merry Christmas. LA. It's impressive that a marine made this poem. Always On Watch is good at finding a nice poem. She posted a poem by her student in the past.

I wear a red sweater and shirt. Like a Santa??

Esther said...

Awesome, LA. Our fighting men and women are so special. We definitely need to remember them and pray for them. So to them, to you...Merry Christmas!

Always On Watch said...

LA,
What a beautiful poem! I was going to send it to Mustang, but, of course, he's already been here. LOL.

I did, however, send the poem to my Marine cousin-in-law, who served in First Gulf.

Hope that your Christmas was a merry one.

Shah,
I see here a compliment about my blog from you. Thank you so much! And I hope to put up a few more poems by some of my students; I have to get their permission first.