Saturday, May 05, 2007

Another Blast From The Past

Realizing that many may not have a particular taste for a lot of the music I have showcased in this regular feature, it's now time to demonstrate how wide my tastes in music really are. I have said many times before, I love rock music. And that includes going all the way back to the early days of rock and roll.

But that is not to say that I remember all of it, when the craze first hit. As a baby, you do not have an awareness of the Billboard Top 100, so to say that a lot of early hits were a part of my past would not be accurate, in the least. Many of the best songs in rock history do not bring back memories of a malt shop or a sock hop. Those are things best remembered by those a little older than me.


Take my good friend Mustang from Social Sense, for instance. Now here's a guy that will identify with the videos posted here. Since he came of age in this era, I will dedicate them to him and his cohorts. (Impish grin)

The first video is by an artist that blended the vocal style of a big band songstress with rock and roll. She made the transition from the genre that was so popular during her childhood to the new wave of music that was sweeping the nation, and she did it with class and ease. Many people do not realize just how many hits this lady had during her career. For those that don't, take a look here to see.

Here's Connie Francis with two of her biggest hits:



AND



The next artist had his life cut ever so short, he needs no introduction:



The last artist also needs no introduction. Although he had many, many hits that he will be forever identified with, this one is by far the best song he ever recorded:



Enjoy.

No comments: