On the surface, it would appear that I have disengaged slightly on the blog this week, and I do apologize for it. I certainly haven't had the time to address the comments adequately and the posts have been a little less in-depth, this much is true. But the reason for this is, we had a death in Mrs. Sunsett's family this week and it has thrown things for a loop, somewhat. It's tough because this was Mrs. Sunsett's favorite uncle, one she was very close to. He was a proud Marine during the Korean Conflict and his son is a career Army Officer, serving in Afghanistan. From my perspective, it was an honor to know him and he will be missed by all.
If this isn't enough for one plate in one calendar week, this has come at a time when I have a trip to Florida planned. It's been on the calendar for a couple of months now.
Basically, I have invited myself to Mustang's grapefruit farm and alligator ranch (named Happy Acres), for some much needed R & R. It is situated directly in the middle of the lap of luxury and the world of retirement. After settling with his attorney on the monetary damages that he claimed he was owed to him, after the ill-fated and now notorious trip to Tijuana some years ago, he has graciously agreed to allow me to see how the other half lives.
So while I am soaking up some sunshine and warm air, I will not be at the computer as much. I will be at the beach, lake, or pool with alcoholic drinks (some may even be accompanied by umbrellas) as agents to facilitate relaxation. But I will have the weekly music post pre-scheduled to appear on Saturday and will leave this post as an open thread for whatever comments you may have, about whatever happens while I am away. (But don't think you can leave expletive laced comments here, just because you can't be in the warm weather, like me.)
While I am at the helm for a few, I would like to take a moment at call your attention to some new blogs you will find on the PYY Blogroll and highly encourage all PYY readers to take a look at them, when you get the chance:
1. Geeeez belongs to PYY regular Z, whom some of you have seen here on occasion. She writes about politics and her faith. LIke yours truly, she has spent time in Europe and still has a deep affection for it.
2. Palace For A Princess is run by PYY regular Jennifer, she also writes about politics and her faith. Like Z, she is building a very loyal following and posts on a variety of topics.
3. Robert at Conservative Commentary has just started coming around here. He and Jennifer have started a blog called Conservative Convictions.
4. Christopher Hamilton has a self-titled blog that I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks. I don't know a lot about him, but I like the way he thinks.
5. Tom at Tom's Place is always worth a look. I may have plugged him earlier, but on the chance I didn't here it is.
Give these a look, will you? I think most of you will like them, but be sure to tell them all you heard it here on Roller Derby.
Anyway, have a great weekend, I will be back at it next week, and as always, thanks for reading PYY.
Addendum: I apologize, but there will be no Another Blast From The Past post. I simply didn't get time to do it.