Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another Blast From The Past

This week I thought I'd let the music to the talking with no wordy introductions, just who and what. But before we get to that, just know that these songs were all hits in the 60s and remind me of listening to the old console radio we had in the family room, when we lived in San Bernardino (on KFXM 59 and KMEN 129). I was coming into the world of preteenship and these were the sounds that were popular with my friends and me.


The Grass Roots - Temptation Eyes:




The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park, And Other Things:




Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man:




Booker T and the MGs - Green Onions:



Enjoy.


2 comments:

A.C. McCloud said...

The Cowsills, forgot all about them.
BTW, isn't that the train at Griffith Park (or whatever the park was just north of LA)? I recall riding one up there as a kid.

LA Sunset said...

//isn't that the train at Griffith Park (or whatever the park was just north of LA)? I recall riding one up there as a kid.//

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't bet against it. The park you speak of is Griffith Park and it also houses the zoo.