Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Close Dilemma Of The Third Kind

I started a vacation I had planned a couple of months ago, on the chance the Colts made it to the Super Bowl. Those of us that follow the NFL, all know that the plan backfired.

I was to have a doctor's appointment today. It had to be canceled last week so I really need to get to it, if at all possible. The problem is the weather, there is a foot of fresh-fallen snow out in my yard right now and the roads are a mess. Meanwhile, we are waiting for word on whether Bro. Al and the First National Church Of The Planetary Thermal Message & Trust will get to preach at today's Congressional hearing on global warming.

So, here I sit on vacation day one and cannot go back to bed. I must sit here in limbo, waiting to see whether the doctor can even make it in to the office, before I determine if I can.

I truly hope Rev. Gore gets a rash. And I hope it's one that cannot resolved by over-the-counter creams and medications. (Of course, I am most certain that he will call it a "heat" rash, from global warming.)


2 comments:

Tom said...

To Algore and his followers, I would like to say...

Let them shovel snow...

LA Sunset said...

//Let them shovel snow...//

(In my best Thurston Howell III voice impression.)

But Tom, that would be "manual" labor.