Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shock And Grief: Week Two

Last week I posted a short tribute to a gentleman we knew, someone who passed away last week. His passing was not totally unexpected, but still, the grief was deeply felt by those who knew and loved him.

Early yesterday morning, I got more bad news. I learned that my best friend from high school, someone I have known for almost 40 years, was killed in an accident. This was completely unexpected and has caused many others great sadness, myself included.

The two families did not know each other, so many will be spared additional sorrow. But in the case of the Sunsett household, it has brought sorrow upon sorrow and calamity upon calamity.

Needless to say, I probably will not be blogging for a couple of days. I may look at your blogs and stay in tune with the world. But I will not write much during this period of time.

As is always the case in the loss of a close friend or a family member, life must go on. But the process to heal must begin with mourning and reflection. That is what I will be doing, with much of my free time (as little as it may be).


I will be fine. I always am. I became well acquainted with grief when I was 21 years old and lost my younger brother, so I have more experience than many. But of you are so inclined, please say a prayer for his family. Some of them are not as familiar with loss. Some of them are still deeply in shock and will need to make important decisions soon.

Thank you all for bearing with me, for what you have done in the past, and for what you will do in the future.

And thank you all for being a part of this thing called PYY.


4 comments:

Z said...

it's an honor to be a part of PYY.
And your family has my prayers, too.
I'm so sorry for these losses, Sunsett. God bless their families and you. xxx

LASunsett said...

Thank you Z.

A.C. McCloud said...

Sorry for your recent losses, LA. Sort of puts this blogging thing (and so many other minor irritations) into perspective.

LA Sunset said...

You are right AC, it does. But, I know that it's something that only time will heal and life must go on. Life is for the living and it is we who must bear the brunt of the tragedy that befalls us.

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate all you do both here and at Fore Left. I may not always comment, but it's never because I do not read what you write. Many times I feel like you have said it so well that all I could do is yell amen.

I appreciate everyone that comes by here, as well, no matter how frequent or infrequent. Blogging has been fun and a needed release. Once is is no longer that, i will step away. Until then, I will blog on.