Friday, June 09, 2006

Haditha Buried By Zarqawi Story

The "blame America for everything" crowd isn't happy about Zarqawi being killed, because it took Haditha off the front page for the day, yesterday. Much of the day was devoted to the reporting of the termination and neutralizing of a military commander. And that hasn't set well with many.

They wanted another day of non-stop Haditha coverage. They'll get it back, when the Zarqawi story starts to die down. You can be sure of that. But until then, I recommend you educate yourself on what conditions are truly like in Iraq by reading this piece from Michael Yon's Online Magazine, on Haditha and many other subjects. In fact, feel free to read other articles at his site, as well.

Although I doubt the hardcore leftists that hate America will have the guts to read it objectively because their minds are already made up, maybe there are a few that are unsure and will read it with an open mind. So if you are a leftist that blames America for everything, do not even waste your time. You will dismiss it almost immediately, which shows just what you know.

But do not worry, the media will soon be squawking the Haditha story ad nauseum real soon. In fact, I bet they'll start heading back towards it today. So be patient. Your heroes, the MSM, will be back at it, shortly.

HT: Mustang of Social Sense for sending me the article.

5 comments:

G_in_AL said...

The 2nd string Dem team is already starting, and old Al Jazeera is trying to make sure we stay on topic by airing tapes from Nut Job Central.

I did a combo post with different articles referenced on it.

I give this until Monday before they're right back at it. Hell, CNN already had Mr. Berg on to make sure everyone rememberd that he blames Bush for his son's death... not the guy who we just dropped bombs on.

LA Sunset said...

G,

Hell, CNN already had Mr. Berg on to make sure everyone rememberd that he blames Bush for his son's death... not the guy who we just dropped bombs on.

Yeah, I saw it too. He is a lost soul that is merely grieving the loss of his son (as many of would do also)and has allowed the anti-American left to poison his mind, a la Cindy Sheehan. I will give him a little more leeway that the rest. But I cannot help but wonder if he felt this way before his son VOLUNTEERED to go to Iraq and help rebuild its infrastructure. Or was it brought on, afterward.

All_I_Can_Stands said...

When there is a major story that makes a conservative look good or a liberal look bad any story that can get it off the front page is almost always a permanent removal.

If the story makes Bush and/or our troops or another conservative look bad it always comes back.

This probably took what scraps of attention they were giving William Jefferson off the radar so I wonder if we will hear much about that again.

I thought it was ridiculous how they practically RAN out to get an interview with Mr. Berg. Why then? Why within hours? Also there were other beheadings (Johnson, Armstrong and the Korean guy). Why did they not get comments from those families?

LA Sunset said...

kAICS,

Why then? Why within hours? Also there were other beheadings (Johnson, Armstrong and the Korean guy). Why did they not get comments from those families?

I think you know why. ;)

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Yes, I must confess I do. You know me so well :)