Saturday, June 09, 2007

Another Blast From The Past

I never was able to understand what people could see in Bob Dylan. But know this one thing, the man was a heck of a songwriter and there many moments could jam with the best of them. His voice wasn't good, but his music balanced any nasalities that would otherwise grate on your nerves.

Here are a couple of my favorite tunes, by him. The first one is from the Prince's Trust concert in 1996. Ron Wood joined him for this performance of Silvio:



One of his better tunes that kept him relevant in the 80s was this one, entitled Jokerman:



There's one band (that if you listened close enough to) from the 80s and 90s, you can hear some faint Dylan influences was a band from Athens, Georgia. REM. Here are a couple of my favs from them. The first one is their first big hit, The One I Love:



I always thought this song was their best. Here is Orange Crush:



Enjoy.

No comments: