Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Their Own Words

The last time I used this title for a post, was in this post.

In this installment, I present to you a video which sounds like Al Gore has an understanding of Iraq, far from the rhetoric he uses today to describe the current situation. The sad part of it is, had he and his Commander In Chief acted and taken the approach he criticizes the one Bush the Elder's administration for not taking, who knows if 9/11 would have occurred? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing is true, the people that have utterly condemned this administration will not want to watch this video.

Give it a listen.



Addendum:

Let me just go on to say that this is but one reason, I have lost a lot of respect for the Democratic Party. This is why I criticize them for their hypocrisy. If there were just policy differences about things that didn't affect national security or morale of the service men and women that are engaged in combat right now, it'd be one thing. But when someone wants to politicize something now that he/she was politicizing then (on opposite sides of the issue), an issue that means life or death to people that are carrying out the orders of those that sent them there, I get a bit irritated.

Al Gore has accused this President of lying to the nth degree, since the day this conflict began. He said,
He lied to us” - “He betrayed this country” - “He played on our fears. Now, we see with our own eyes and hear with our own ears, his condemnation of Bush the Elder for not doing enough to get Saddam under control, back in the 1992 Campaign.

So I ask you all. Was Gore lying then, or is he lying now?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Of course, there are many videos of Democratic politicians warning of Iraq's pursuit of WMD and support of terrorism. Of them calling for regime change. There's Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, George Tenet, Sandy Berger, Madeleine Albright, etc.

But this one I had not seen. And I think it takes the cake....

Dems lied, thousands died, I guess. [sigh]

LA Sunset said...

Greg,

//Dems lied, thousands died, I guess. [sigh]//

Lucky for you, ME isn't here to rip your head off for that one. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Mary Ellen will have plenty more opportunities to rip my head off! :)

Here's another video of Gore making the terrorism and WMD arguments.

http://tinyurl.com/2p79u9

Here's another video I've posted before, but is worth re-watching.

http://tinyurl.com/2ao7bs

"Bush's war" my arse!