Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Blast From The Past


Jeff Gordon and his crew, during a pit stop.



If you read my previous post, you know just how lucky I am to have free tickets to the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, one of NASCAR"S richest races. So this week, the theme will be the Brickyard 400. How will I pull this off, you ask? I am not sure I will, but here goes anyway.

NASCAR's roots go back to the bootlegging days of Prohibition. Those early good ol' boys did their best to outrun the authorities in cars, with a stock of fresh white lightning stored in the trunk. So what better way to start this off, than with the song Good Ol' Boys (Theme song from the old Dukes of Hazzard TV series), by Waylon Jennings:



Now for some comic relief. No NASCAR Blast From The Past tribute would be complete without this hilarious song by comedian Tim Wilson. Here is The NASCAR Song:



And while we are on the subject of Tim Wilson. Mrs. Sunsett and I had the pleasure of meeting him after one of his performances here in Indianapolis, a few years back. This guy is truly one of the funnier southern comedians, ever. His mind can rip off funny stuff in his sleep.

His latest song is about some of the celebrities we are all sick of. I will warn you though, this next song is R-Rated for some very salty language. So if you are at work or around children, be discreet while listening to it. Here is But I Could Be Wrong:



Enjoy.

3 comments:

A.C. McCloud said...

Somehow Mr Wilson's song really just says it all right now. But of course, I could be wrong..

LA Sunset said...

AC,

//Somehow Mr Wilson's song really just says it all right now. But of course, I could be wrong..//

But, you could be right. ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't love Raymond.