Tuesday, July 10, 2007

News In Brief (And The Usual Opinionated Commentary)

Still under the proverbial gun around here, so here are a few things the PYY news desk is keeping an eye on:

If anyone thinks Michale Moore is in anyway a credible source, one only needs to see this video clip, of him making a total ass of himself on Blitzer's show yesterday. It's no secret what I think of socialized medicine, but I do not think that Michael Moore did much to convince anyone that may be on the fence with it.


Here's a report that is quite concerning. It involves the massing of troops along the Iraq border, by Turkey. Is it a defensive posture to prevent attacks by the PKK? Or is it something else? Stay tuned.


How hard is it to win ratings on Saturday night? They have the lousiest shows of any other night, it shouldn't be too hard to come in and zap the usual schedule, should it? But evidently, Al Gore's baby didn't dazzle anyone. I think it's partly because people felt the whole thing was hypocritical. Massive amounts of jet fuel were used to fly the performers in and the kilowattage used was probably in the zillions. This doesn't set well with people that are being asked to alter their lifestyle. Add to that, no real heavy hitters were on the bill. Stadium packers like U2 and others were missing.


I guess I am a traitor to this country. RFK Jr, who hobnobs around in a private jet, thinks I am.

"Get rid of all these rotten politicians that we have in Washington, who are nothing more than corporate toadies," said Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the environmentalist author, president of Waterkeeper Alliance and Robert F. Kennedy's son, who grew hoarse from shouting. "This is treason. And we need to start treating them as traitors."

Well, I am not a politician. But I still think he's wrong.

So color me a traitor too, Bobby.



Th-th-tha-that's all folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Moore = liar. On his movie and political beliefs, I have one question for him: why should I, a healthy person who takes care of his body, help pay for the health insurance of a fat load like him? He needs to stop stuffing his fat mouth, start walking occasionally, shave. Oh, and stop lying.

Turkey. Turkey is just the beginning. When we leave in the next few months, Turkey will ruin our one success in Iraq (kurdistan) by invading. Iran will export its revolution to the oil rich shiite areas. And al Qaeda will establish its new base in Anbar/Diyala. People think the current situation can't get any worse? Just watch.

Al Gore. You're right on the reason why people didn't watch. I don't really see the point of receiving lessons in changing my behavior from people (including Gore) who live in opulent mansions with swimming pools bigger than my house, drive around in limousines and fly around in private jets. I have a modest home with no air conditioning, drive a compact car and recycle and compost. Do they? What is it they have to teach me again?

LA Sunset said...

Greg,

Moore is what I call "The King Of Cut and Splice". A great teacher on the fine art of working backwards, sideways, downward, any way but forward and upward. But you have to hand it to him. His style of documentary is the one of the more effective forms of manipulation. People actually believe every last thing he says.

I don't.