Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Unity?

I don't know about all of you but I'd be willing to listen to this bunch.

If they would cut to the chase and bring up some names of some intelligent people that would do the right thing, I'd be willing to hear what they have to say. On the other hand, if they were just going to put some goofball that is popular, I'd say no way.

But for those of you that may be salivating for a statesman to rise up and show some real leadership in 08, don't get your hopes up too high just yet. This could very well turn out to be some BS outfit that has disaffected people from both parties for the sole purpose of turning it into another party that pulls the same stunts, as the other two.

If you missed them and are interested, here are some reasons that a viable third party is almost impossible to launch and sustain over the long haul:

Intro

Part One

Part Two

Part Three


It won't be easy to do it. But, if it will get done it needs to be done right, with the right motives and intentions, or it will certainly fail. So, if anyone from this outfit sees this post, you need to read these posts and know what needs to be done to restore some reasonable amount of confidence back into the system. If there is to be success in this venture, it will have be on the level with the voters.

The President's approval rating is at a low and the Congress is too.

The timing is right. The big question is, is there a will? A means? An opportunity?

We going to keep out eye on this here. But without grandiose expectations.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Sunsett - did you happen to link to the wrong article?

I'm confused.

But...

I'm confused much of the time.

LA Sunset said...

Mark,

This is what happens when you work a 14 hour day. Brain disconnect. But not to worry, I have corrected it.

Thanks for pointing this out.

A.C. McCloud said...

A Dem and Repub ticket? Hmm. Interesting, but I share your skepticism. When was the last time we had that, like 1796? With today's partisanship I can't imagine such a thing being productive.

Unless I've misread their goal.

LA Sunset said...

AC,

//With today's partisanship I can't imagine such a thing being productive.//

For me, it would depend on where they stand on certain hot-button issues that I think are important. Like immigration and how to deal with terrorism, just to name a couple. (And supporting the fair tax)