Friday, February 08, 2008

Jena Six Member Rearrested

Here's the scoop.

One of the "Jena Six" defendants was arrested yesterday for allegedly assaulting a fellow student at a Texas high school. Bryant Purvis, 19, was busted on the misdemeanor charge following an 8:30 AM altercation at Hebron High School in Carrollton, where his family relocated from Louisiana.


Wait. I am rubbing my crystal ball here. Here it comes, it's getting clearer.

I see.... I see.....I see it coming into view. Wait, here it is.

I see Jesse, Al, and/or other agitators galvanizing the community against those that are persecuting the Carrollton One. Yes....that's it.

And here's what they are saying:

The white man has traumatized this young man and his family so much with their racist actions, he felt the need to act out against society again. We must not punish him, we must try to understand him and why he has chosen to repeatedly violate the health, welfare, and rights of others around him.

We must reach out our hands with love and understanding if we are to ever right the wrongs that white people (who are now dead) have done to black people (who are now dead) throughout the ages.

We all understand that by hanging that noose on that tree, was a deep reminder of the scars and the...............

Darn, I just lost the image.

Actually, all sarcasm aside. Anti-social personalities, regardless of race or national origin, will become more empowered with each instance in which there are no consequences for their actions. Note how OJ has not learned anything from his experience. The man beats a murder rap and still thinks he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, with no fear of retribution.

Here in this case, people intervened on this kid's behalf, moved him to a new area, and he still did the same thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This can't be! The Jena 6 are INNOCENT BOYS targeted by a racist judicial system. Right? Why else would thousands of "progressives" descend on a little Louisiana town to march on their behalf? Must be that the racist authorities in LA called the racist authorities in TX and set him up or something. George W. Bush must have something to do with it.

Oy.

Seriously - if you get arrested while on bail, is that a violation of the terms of your provisional release? It's been a while since I was released on bail, so I'm not sure....

LA Sunset said...

//George W. Bush must have something to do with it.//

No, silly goose. Everyone knows it was Karl Rove. He's from Texas too, you know. Sheesh.

//if you get arrested while on bail, is that a violation of the terms of your provisional release?//

I am not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. So their goes my otherwise impeccable set of credentials. But, if I were to wager a guess, I would say yes.