Saturday, January 09, 2010

Another Blast From The Past

There's nothing like a little reality check, now and then. There's nothing like someone reminding you that you aren't getting younger.

So.....I will warn you now, this week's music post might make some of the fine PYY readers feel a bit older. It's not too late to turn back. But if you do, you may miss some good music that permeated the airwaves back in history.

As I consider what defines a "golden oldie", I can only conclude it all comes down to the individual. If you asked me and I had to make a call for the good of the team, I'd would say 20 years has always been as good of a gauge as any. It's not that important, I know. But we are just having a little fun here, right?

Well, one week ago as the ball dropped, an entirely new group of oldies was commissioned. Here are a few you might remember from 1990.

This one was a one hit wonder. It's classy European beat mixed well with a distinct 60s flair, I always enjoyed hearing this one:



Her raspy Tina Turner like vocals got her this gig and many songs after. I hadn't heard of her until she came out with this sassy, vibrant song:



For the male side of the raspy cigarette soaked voice, we have an old rock and roller (who has always been able to put together a good performance in each of his four decades, of his star-studded career). Here is a classic 1990 remake of a 1966 Isley Brothers hit, see if you remember it:



Enjoy.


No comments: