Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm Outta Here

Today marks the last day in my current position at my place of employment. After taking a week off to relax and get some personal affairs in order, I will start my new position in a new department on January 3rd, 2011.

This present job has been challenging and taxing. But I did enjoy the nature of the work during the course of its run, and I did meet some great people along the way. At times, it was even fun. But after two and a half years of long hours and lots of on-call days and nights, it's time to move on. Basically, you can say I am real, real gone:



This may be the last phase of my career, so I am looking forward to the new challenge.

It will not be too hard, as I have worked with many of the people I will soon be working with before, and I know what they expect. They, too, know me and know the high standards I have set over the many years I have been in the organization. So, I expect it to be another great run.

12 comments:

Chuck said...

Good luck LA and have a great Christmas

Always On Watch said...

I worked at the same private school from 1978-1997. Leaving that school, which had been bought out by two incompetent bitches, was the most difficult decision I ever had to make for my career. I took a huge financial hit, but I've never regretted the decision.

The last day for me in that building was a difficult one. I knew that I'd never see those beloved hallways and classrooms again.

Always On Watch said...

Oh, and Merry Christmas, LA.

Mary Ellen/Nunly said...

Merry Christmas, LA (and LA bloggers)!

I was worried for a second when I saw the first line of your post, thought you lost your job! Good to hear you are just moving into another area.

Rocket said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family

LA Sunset said...

Thanks Chuck, I hope you have a Merry Christmas too.

LA Sunset said...

AOW,

I have worked for my institution for almost 13 years now, almost 10 of it in one area. It's bittersweet when you make changes like the ones you describe.

Merry Christmas to you too. I know it's been hard for you lately. I think God is making a diamond out of you.

LA Sunset said...

ME

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Not to worry.

Thankfully, there are many opportunities in my field. Many are those for which I am qualified.

I am quite fortunate and grateful I chose my career wisely. But always know something, it's better to be lucky than good. ;)

LA Sunset said...

Rocket,

Merry Christmas to our French Correspondent in Paris.

Always On Watch said...

LA,
Well, I'm a very flawed diamond.

LA Sunset said...

But still a diamond and not just a rock. :)

Rocket said...

Thanks LA. I'll pass it on to the French idiots on strike who supply the deicing liquid to Paris airports which left over 60,000 people leaving from Paris flightless today and many are preparing to spend to spend Christmas eve at the airport.

Now do you understand why I always took what those French idiots say with a grain of salt.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/112424369.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUvDEhiaE3miUsZ