Monday, October 24, 2005

It's...........Bernanke

Well, the world now knows who will replace Alan Greenspan, as Federal Reserve Board Chairman. ABC and the AP have filed, this report.

WASHINGTON Oct 24, 2005 — President Bush named top White House economic adviser Ben Bernanke as chairman of the Federal Reserve Board on Monday in place of near legendary Alan Greenspan as the official in closest control of interest rates.

Bernanke instantly announced his first priority would be "to maintain continuity with the policy and policy strategies under the Greenspan era."

(Read more
here)

1. I don't know him.

2. I would expect that he would say that he plans to continue the policies of Greenspan. Greenspan is going to be one tough act to follow.

3. If he said changes were coming, the markets would go nuts. Any changes that this guy will make, will no doubt be subtle.

4. I am sure we will all hear the good, the bad, and the ugly in the next week or two. No other Bush nomination has been free from the Democratic "dirt-digging machine".

2 comments:

G_in_AL said...

Anything they do to try and discredit this guy would only hurt the economy. Things are unstable enough with out another publicity stunt (for politics).

However, I dont think any Dems will go after him, not enough people care about this position to make it a hill worth fighting over.

LA Sunset said...

I don't know, G. I don't know him very well, so I can't say he is right for the job. But if he is the right man, I hope you are right. I am just skeptical that anyone Bush nominates for anything, will get through unscathed.

You might be right though, he will face a different committee, than the Justices and Bolton must face.