Thursday, October 27, 2005

Miers Withdraws Nomination

I was fast at work today (a long day) and did not hear the news of Miers' withdrawal, until I was on my way home. I am not sure exactly how I feel, but I am sure that many on both sides of the aisle are happy. I have been ambivalent for the most part, but I was willing to give her a chance in the hearings before I decided just exactly, what I thought. But, it was not to be.

She wasn't very qualified. She hadn't been a judge and she was an inner circle staffer of the Administration. That was two strikes against her before she ever got to bat. The big reason I believe Bush picked her in the first place, was because there was no one else that wanted the job. And that it not likely to change and it will certainly be a factor in finding a replacement.

Anyway, I don't have time to go much more into it tonight. So I will link to a few of my favorite sites to share with my readers, this subject. (Long day again, tomorrow.)

From the AP

World Net Daily

International Herald Tribune

In The Middle Of America

Gindy.Blogspot.Com

Poliblog has a list of major blog reactions.

Powerpundit

Q and O Online Magazine

Cao's Blog

That's enough for now. If you didn't see your blog represented don't get your feelings hurt. Some of you didn't write anything about it, and some I just haven't had time to glance at yet. That's all.

2 comments:

G_in_AL said...

thx for the HT LA

LA Sunset said...

G,

You are very welcome.

Gindy,

I agree. But, I really believe that the ones that would have made you (and many others) happy, do not want the job.

Politics is on a downward spiral to the degree that no one with any brains want anything to do with it. Instead of trying to "see that the right guy gets in", it has now become, "just make sure the idiot doesn't".