Friday, October 21, 2005

News/Comments In Brief (Well, Fairly Brief)

Teen Arrested In Murder Of Pamela Vitale, Wife Of Horowitz

I said when this story broke that there was something strange about this case. I still think so. I wonder if it will be Geraldo or Greta running this story into the ground, on slow news days. Whatever or whoever, makes no difference. I have a feeling this is just part of the story.


Delay's Mugshot Smile Foils Democrat Plans To Exploit It.

Like I have said before, politics is a game. You act and you react. You plan and you implement. The goal is to beat the opponent in a public relations war, and you always want to do it first. You must be willing and able to fire the shots, at any available opportunity.

Tom Delay beat his opponents in one area, when he smiled big during his arrest processing. He minimized whatever losses he has had in this affair and turned the tables 180 degrees.

Like him or not, he is one hell of a politician.


Bush Meets With Abbas

"President Abbas is a man devoted to peace and to his peoples' aspirations for a state of their own. And today the Palestinian people are closer to realizing those aspirations," Bush said in a Rose Garden news conference after a one-hour meeting between the leaders in the Oval Office.

Translation: Not much was accomplished.

Why? Because Abbas has no real authority. Hamas and Hezbollah do. But the PA is a sham.

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I saw this in the article about the teen arrested in the killing of Mrs. Horowitz:
The teenager arrested in the slaying of a prominent defense attorney's wife once drew a pentagram on the ground at school and told other students he was reading from the book of Satan, according to former classmates.

Here in Northern Virginia, I believe that a doctor's or lawyer's daughter conspired with her coven to kill her father. Those particulars might not be exactly correct. One of the conspirators went state's evidence. Do you recall the case I'm speaking of?

G_in_AL said...

Tom was slick (I bet he is innocent, unlike Frist), and the PA... right. I wonder how long it will be before us, or the Israelis themselves are funding the PA against Hamas.... that will open up a new round our twisted games in the middle east.

LA Sunset said...

AOW,

I am not sure I recall the case, you are speaking of. But this case does reek of something. What it is, I am not sure. But, some things don't add up, just yet.

G,

I don't know whether Tom is guilty or not. Most politicians do underhanded things to get around fundraising laws and other laws. But this case smells more and more like pre-2006 election strategy, than anything else at this point in the game.