Monday, January 30, 2006

Keeping A Friend In Thoughts And Prayers

It is with great sadness and sorrow that I announce that a blog friend of mine though the Wide Awakes, and a highly respected member of the blogosphere, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. From the sounds of things, this is not extremely advanced at this time. And, he has a great support system around him, to include some very good physicians. But, medicine is not an exact science.

GM Roper of GM's Corner has drawn this lousy card, but is determined to fight this disease process with every ounce of strength, he has. I am not what you call a close inner circle friend of Mr. Roper. But in the days I have been reading his blog, I have noticed an extremely wise and intelligent person; one that is an astute observer, deep thinker, and just an all-around quality human being.

Please remember GM and his family in your prayers and visit his post telling of this great misfortune, to wish him a speedy recovery. He'd do the same for any of us. That much, I am certain of.

This post will remain on top until I think everyone that reads PYY has seen it and had a chance to go wish GM well. So, be sure to scroll down further for awhile, for new posts. Thanks.

1 comment:

Jason Pappas said...

I haven't been to GM's recently and I'm saddened by the news. Of course, this challenge is no stranger in my extended and immediate family. I let him know we're pulling for him. Thanks for call our attention to a brother in need.