Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday AM QB

Well, the playoffs are set. The last team to get in was SD. They managed to squeak their way into the playoffs with a late season rally. Denver choked, as did the Cowboys against the Eagles.

Here are the teams that made it with their seedings and their first round matchups:

AFC

#1 Tennessee (Bye)

#2 Pittsburgh (Bye)

#3 Miami - #6 Baltimore

#4 San Diego - #5 Indianapolis


NFC

#1 NY Giants (Bye)

#2 Carolina (Bye)

#3 Minnesota - #6 Philadelphia

#4 Arizona - #5 Atlanta


I will have my analysis and predictions of these games later in the week.

The two miracle stories of the season are Miami and Atlanta. Miami from worst in the league to playoff team can be credited to Bill Parcells. Even though he's not coaching, his presence has been felt, with the way he assembles talent. Atlanta was expected to be less than dismal, after the Michael Vick story played out. But to many people's surprise (including me), they did what they had to do. They are my dark horse team to watch this year.

Condolences to Greg for NE not making it in. I really thought they would at the last minute. It's never good to need help this late in the year and not get it. And to Rocket for Washington not finishing strong like they were able to do last year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your condolences. It was rewarding to see Dallas take a serious thrashing. I think they have some serious issues that will need to be worked out.

My condolences to Greg also. I'm not sure that NYG are the team to beat though. The Colts, Pittsburg look good and who knows, Miami (wishful thinking) may be a Cinderella team if they can get the defense up. By the way they are my second favorite team as the family ( what's left of it) hails from SOFLA.

Greg said...

Travesty. Now's my turn to give this years' group of playoff teams a big ASTERISK. I could care less who wins - the best team isn't in it. I'm pretty sick of the NFL screwing my team, from taking away our #1 draft pick while not punishing the NJ Jets for the same behavior, for dragging out the affair all year last year, for allowing false rumors to be reported as truth, for giving the NJ Giants an extra couple of minutes to beat the Patriots in the SB, for allowing some asshole to spear the MVP in the knee and get away with it, for moving the Jets game until after the Patriots game so they would know almost certainly they weren't going to make the playoffs and had nothing to play for. It's obvious what's going on. It's a racket.

Like last year's champion, here's what I have for this year's:

*

Anonymous said...

NFC

#1 NY Giants (Bye)

#2 Carolina (Bye)

#3 Minnesota - #6 Philadelphia

#4 Arizona - #5 Atlanta

#50 Washington - (Bye Bye)

Anonymous said...

Okay I am a die hard Chicago Bears fan and we know they are out of it this season, so maybe next year. Though I live in DC I cannot wrap my support around the Red Skins, I loathe them. I also loathe Green Bay. But I enjoy Football and as long as Green Bay and the Red Skins are not playing I can deal with it even when my favorite home team Da' Bears are not in the mix.

I love Hockey too! How about you: