Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another Blast From The Past

This week, we go back to the 50s and listen to some tunes that were part of the transition from big band to rock and roll. This first artist's career was tragically cut short in a plane crash, with several other rising talents of that day. But as short as his career and life were, his music has influenced many after him and is still revered as one of the premier songwriters of all-time.

This is one of the sweeter melodies and songs I have ever heard:



This next artist was one that had moments where he was hailed as one of the more versatile talents of his generation. In this song, you can hear the influence of Sinatra in his voice and style:



This next song was one that my parents loved immensely. I think it's a timeless classic:



Another timeless classic, in my book, I am hard pressed to find a better song from any era. It always makes me think of the movie of the same name, which is also one of the better flicks I have seen (it describes much of what I felt as a young boy, the same feelings and emotions as those characters described in their dialogues):



Enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Sunset. Now see how normal you are when keep up with your meds schedule?

Good job, Top.

Mustang out