Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Apologies

Apologies are in order for my readers (who I believe are some of the smartest readers, in the world). I have been so very busy.

My stepson and his girlfriend were in from Atlanta this past weekend, so naturally I wanted to spend some time with them. We see them so very little.

If that is not enough for a person's plate, my son is going away to college tomorrow. Yes, the same son that graduated high school this past June, is now a college man.

The things that have to get done are tedious and plentiful, to be sure. But the hardest thing is coming to grips with the fact that your baby (the one that it seems just like yesterday, was singing the Power Rangers song incessantly, and on a daily basis) is now going to seek his fortune, via an institution of higher learning. Now his real education begins. This is where he will do his most critical learning.

Why do I say that? Well, without getting on a separate tirade here, let me say it's because I think the state of government schools in this country are deplorable, and be done with it.

Be that as it may, he played the government school game and won. Now, he has to perform.

He is ready. I am not.

Well yes. I guess I am. But you never really get ready for the launch. You may think you do. You may say you do. You may wish (at times) that you cannot wait for the kid to grow up. But when the moment gets here, it's quite different.

Anyway, without getting too mushy and sentimental, I just wanted to let you know why I have let the blog go to hell, the past few days. Rest assured, I will have some new posts that are bound to irritate someone, real soon.

A big hearty "thank you" goes to all of my readers, for your patience and understanding in this and other absences. But most of all, I thank you all for your readership.

No comments: