Thursday, August 24, 2006

Score One For The Marines

From the Deseret News in Utah comes this story about a Marine that took down a man, who punched a 7-11 clerk in the face after not paying for some cigarettes. She is alright. But here's the clincher:

"Anybody would have done the same thing," he said. "Another guy in the store said he was in the Army and asked if I needed any help."

With a grin, Sjostrom replied to the man, "The Marines got here first."

I was an Army man back almost 30 years ago. I was always glad the Marines were on the same team, as me. This is but just one tiny reason why. The other reasons are endless. They are truly, the modern-day knights.

There is one inaccuracy I should report on this article. It calls the man a "former" Marine. As my good friend Mustang from Social Sense says though, "There are two kinds of Marines, dead and alive. Once a Marine always a Marine."

So to this Marine, I say, OOOORAAAAHH!!!!

No comments: