Saturday, March 17, 2007

Howard Dean At It Again

Howard Dean has a knack for doing things that defies reasoning and understanding, and it usually involves his mouth. Certainly, Howard has been lowering the bar in the accepted conduct department before, but this time it makes a person wonder how much more will he do before the next year has passed.

The Politico has reported that Dean has been going behind the back of the duly elected and sworn-in President (and his administration), in an attempt to undermine.

Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean has been meeting with world leaders to repair "the extraordinary damage" that the Bush administration has done to America's image and to prepare the way for a new Democratic president.

"I am trying to build relationships with other governments in preparation for a Democratic takeover," Dean told me. "I want to make clear that there is an opposition in America and that we are ready to take power and that when we do, we are going to have much better relationships with them."


With every new and bold move (which is certain to be lauded by the Left) a new precedent will be set. By that I mean, this:

The opposition will one day, not be the opposition. When that happens, the dirty tricks and the obstructionist techniques will certainly be dished back out. But this time, it will be directed toward those that have escalated it. To put it another way, the pendulum swings back hard. This is only going to get worse, no matter who wins the election in 08.

If the Dems win it, the far-right opposition will be the ones sniping and generally trying to work day and night to embarrass the duly elected and sworn-in President. If the GOP wins, the Left will really get angry, and will continue to intensify its efforts at undermining the policies of the government, through any means possible.

I said this to my GOP friends at the heights of the impeachment stunt, and I am saying it to the Dems today:

Be careful what you wish for here and be careful how you go about getting it. As you have done, so will it be done to you in return.

This is how the political world is devolving further and further into the pits. This is what the future holds, unless the people demand better.

4 comments:

A.C. McCloud said...

Wonder if they were those the same world leaders that Kerry met with in 2004?

LA Sunset said...

AC,

Here is a story that wonders just who those leaders were. I'd say if there were any at all, there would be one and his name would be Chirac. Beyond that he may have talked to the burgermeister of Aschaffenburg, Duetschland. But, I can't really tell from where I sit. ;)

A.C. McCloud said...

Maybe some of your French readers can shine light.

LA Sunset said...

AC

//Maybe some of your French readers can shine light.//

I don't know, AC. I think some of them are mad at me. They haven't told me how wrong I am, for quite a while now. ;)