Saturday, March 07, 2009

Another Blast From The Past

This weekend I thought we'd try a little musical comedy.

If you ever get the chance to see Tim Wilson at a comedy club near you, I would highly recommend seeing his act. This guy puts on a very funny show, by mixing stand-up and music, with a raw southern flair. He had me in stitches.

The last time Mrs. Sunsett and I caught his act was several years ago here in Indy. We had front row seats but got there a little late. Anyone, who has ever been late to a comedy show, knows that when you are late you become fair game for the comedian if he/she spots you.

As we were walking in, he spotted us.

He said, "come on, come on". "Come on down here, you guys got the best seats in the house, all you had to do is show up." After the show, we had the opportunity to talk with him. He was the nicest guy.

In this first number, Tim gives us a rundown of some things he is getting tired of. It's a bit dated, but not too much. As always with comedians, there's a chance for some salty language and this one is filled with it. So exercise caution if kids are around or you feel you may be offended.

I would rate this one - R, for language.

It's called, But I Could Be Wrong:



This one tells the story of a church that had to temporarily re-locate after a fire. Again, this one isn't as rough as the previous one, but it may not be suitable for everyone. This one is titled, The First Baptist Bar And Grill:



One of Tim's all-time best was this little ditty about an extended family member that is causing some friction in the family. Here is Brother-In-Law:



If family isn't enough to irritate you, sometimes the neighbors are. Here is a little tune about an encounter with the neighbors. Performed live on The Bob And Tom Show, as has been the case before, it may not be for everyone. Here is The Marlboro Song:



Enjoy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This somewhat reminds me of what Will Rogers is alleged to have said: "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.

Forty years ago there was a country comedian who called himself "Brother Dave." I don't recall any music involved, but very funny as he poked fun of the southern life style.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add what a great guy Mr. Sunset is: If you ever get the chance to see Tim Wilson at a comedy club near you, I would highly recommend seeing his act.

Not too many blog hosts would agree to pay for concert tickets for his loyal readership. I'm impressed, and greatful.

For all you people out there, such as Greg, Rocket, AC and a host of others, who say that Mr. Sunset is nothing but a cheap ... well, you know, I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.

LA Sunset said...

//Not too many blog hosts would agree to pay for concert tickets for his loyal readership. I'm impressed, and greatful.//

How Mustang could ever read a recommendation to see a comedian as my purchasing the tickets, well, I guess we know now what's going on here. Sadly, My trusted friend Mustang in the early stages of dementia or delirium of some kind.

I recommend some extensive neuro testing to rule out physiological causes. If we can rule them out early, we can look more toward the psych issues as the etiology of this kind of behavior.

When physical causes can be ruled out, we can begin the interventional phase of the treatment. In some cases it can be as simple as high-powered psychotropic medications, ECT (Electrical Convulsive Treatment or shock therapy), or both. (Some people need long-term treatment regimens that include both. We hope this is not the case here, but we must be realistic with ourselves.)

We could have had him fixed by now, but the bastard never pays his co-pay. So I am taking up a fund, anyone that wants to donate just drop me an e-mail. 1-800-FRY-MSTG. Then maybe, just maybe, we can get out friend back and Mrs. Mustang can get her husband back.

Thank you all in advance.