Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another Blast From The Past

I am not sure what I would identify as my theme this weekend, other than some tunes that are relaxing and promote some level of introspection and/or reflection. And I like them.

Up first is a little tune from this decade and believe it or not, even Mustang likes it. What's not to like about it? Here is Coldplay and their 2002 hit, Clocks:



This was always a favorite mellow song of my generation. This is the legendary Procol Harum and their classic, A Whiter Shade Of Pale:



Many people may not know this little tidbit. But before he was a solo success, Van Morrison sang with a group called Them. This song was written and sang by Bob Dylan. It has also been performed by The Animals , Link Wray, and a few others along the way. This one is from 1965 and it's a great, great tune. Here is It's All Over Now, Baby Blue:



Enjoy.



UPDATE: Fore Left's music post is up. Check out the obscure Elvis tune.


3 comments:

Z said...

You know, sometimes I wonder if I could ever hear WHITER SHADE OF PALE enough........that organ starts and I'm back there, right?

not too keen on the video, though.

LA Sunset said...

//that organ starts and I'm back there, right?//

I am not sure where I was when I first heard it. I have heard it off and on for 40 some years now. It is able to calm my nerves if nothing else. ;)

Z said...

well..by 'back there', I mean all those years of hearing it and feeling that 'calm', I know what you mean. It just DOES SOMETHING to me.
I know I don't remember the FIRST time I heard it, but it evokes the exact same response very single time.......nostalgic and calm.

Crystal Clear Persuasion SORT of does that same thing.......I Love You More Today Than Yesterday, remember? Well, now that I think of it, there are too many which instantly put me 'somewhere else' to list. just GREAT GREAT stuff.