Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Blast From The Past

The word is prevaricate. Our politicians do it with stunning ease and sometimes, our friends do too.

And often.

So this weekend with Obama in the White House, guys like Chris Dodd and Barney Frank firmly in power in Congress, and friends that just cannot sort out reality late in the day, we celebrate the age old process of prevarication.

First up is a song from the 70s from an immensely popular band back then:



Another tune with the same title but different lyrics and melody. From their first album comes this hard edged song. This was the first song I ever heard by these guys:



Next up is a bluesy little tune from a guy that was not even born when the first two were released. Even so, this guy sounds and plays like a seasoned veteran. His name is Jonny Lang and if you haven't heard of him and have a strong affinity for the blues, you need to give this a listen. This is called Lie To Me:



Enjoy.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you meant to suggest embellishment, rather than prevarication; there was certainly no avoidance of a direct answer in either of my two posts … and honestly, I simply cannot bring myself to telling everyone about your real association with The Village People. None of your loyal followers deserve that; at least, not from me. I did find the musical selection interesting though. You rock, Maynard … er, LA.

Anonymous said...

Maynard? Maynard? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So Sunset’s real name is Maynard!

Well, Maynard . . . don’t be ratting me out anymore with my Mom. Now all I gotta do is figger out where you live in California. When that happens, you’ll be sending me a nice fat allowance every week.

Your pal,

Eric
SPE

Z said...

"First up is a song from the 70s from an immensely popular band back then:"

Man, Maynard, you KNOW we're getting old when you have to write that about THREE DOG NIGHT! (is that YOUNG Chuck Negron? BOy, did HE look better later on!!) OH, Excuse me...I'm too young to know who he is. Definitely far, far too young.

Anonymous said...

Z... he doesn't remember any of this stuff. In fact, he doesn't remember anything between 1963 and 1998.

Shhhh. You didn't hear this from me.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Three Dog Night and America. I loved those groups. I listened to their music many a lonely night in the SEA.