Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Blast From The Past

This is the opening weekend of the NCAA Basketball Tournament, which sports fans everywhere have come to affectionately know as "The Big Dance". I always look forward to it. Not only because of the games, but it comes at the beginning of spring. So, I figure we can enjoy some songs that have some form of the word "dance" in the title, as a celebration.

This first one was pumped out in dance halls throughout Europe, when I was wreaking my havoc on the continent. No one knew what hit them, especially when we hit the Costa Brava in Spain.



I love this one. I can remember listening to this one on AM radio at one of my best friends house, back when we were just a bunch of goofy teenagers.



This "one-hit-wonder" is the extended dance version that cranked out in my favorite joints as a young man in the 80s. This one reminds me of a time, way before I had any real responsibilities.



This one is for my friend Mustang. He hates the Beatles, because he thinks they were a bunch of communist heathens. But I'll dedicate it to him anyway.



(And if he doesn't stop making up lies about a certain friend of his, there will be some certain oaths of allegiance broken.... which may yield some severe consequences.)

Enjoy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking now on behalf of the Political Yen and Yang Fan Club, East Coast Chapter, we note a disturbing trend recently emerging from the cultural aspects of the Sunset point of view. For example, there is one selection by “Men in Hats,” and then later on a thinly veiled threat to some other blogger involving a movie song entitled “Men in tights.” Now the PYYFC (ECC) supports the right of free choice for every citizen, but we wonder if a better course of action might be to limit the number of references to alternative lifestyles.

Dude, what’s next? The Village People?

Eric Cartman
SPE

LA Sunset said...

Eric,

How many times have you been warned to not take money from strangers, especially those who wear jarhead haircuts well into their 60s? It's obvious who paid you post this on his behalf. He is a sick man and a bad influence on fictional cartoon characters.

Anonymous said...

Yes, well for once I agree with you Eric. Just remember, though, as my good friend L. A. Sunset gets older, his memory fades, and he begins to remember things differently than they actually occurred in his “youth,” which of course was in a completely different century. This is why I only mildly chastised him for his patently unfair and mean spirited comments at my blog this morning. We don’t turn out backs on friends who need help.