Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Was An Innocent Man Executed?

Click on the title for an article by Steve Mills of the Chicago Tribune, about the possibility of the state of Texas executing an innocent man.

This is just one very good reason to not have a death penalty. Those that understand and embrace liberty, understand why it is better that a guilty person (or more) live, than for one innocent person to be executed. Who knows how many instances this has occurred?

I fully understand that there are times when there is overwhelming evidence and I know that there are extremely heinous cases that make your blood boil. There are instances that I feel that same sense of outrage, but to me, I would think it would be more miserable to live lonely in a prison with nothing but thugs around you. No love, no warmth, no hope, only time.

No comments: