Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Kerry's Brother Considers Run For Office

Click on the title for the complete AP article.

BOSTON - Sen. John Kerry's younger brother is mulling an elected office of his own after serving as his brother's close political adviser.

Cameron Kerry, a 54-year-old Boston lawyer, plans to seek the Democratic nomination for secretary of state if the current secretary leaves to run for governor.

Strike one, he is a lawyer. I don't understand why people think that just because they are attorneys, they will make a good elected official, in any office.

Kerry has served as an adviser to his brother throughout his career — from a failed 1972 congressional race to last year's presidential campaign.

Strike two, he used to work for his brother. I don't understand why people think that just because they used to work for somebody, they will make a good elected official.

"I love my brother, and I know he has the tenacity and passion to fight for the issues he cares about so deeply," John Kerry said in a statement.

Strike three, he is supported by his brother, John. I don't understand what makes people think that just because they are related to somebody, they will make a good elected official.

In my book, he would be out.

But be that as it may, get ready Massachusetts. Here is what you may be hearing more and more on your regional news soundbites, very soon:

"Hello, My name is Cameron Kerry and I have a plan."

No comments: