Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another Blast From The Past

It seems like every time I go to North Carolina, there is such a natural euphoria that comes with it. This year we spent a couple of days near Ft. Bragg, with majestic pines in red clay landscapes. Then, we had to hit the mountains for the clean fresh air, Bambi, and the bears.

Even though the song is more about a girl named Carolina, this song runs through my mind every time we wind through the NC countryside:



Of course, no trip to rural America is complete without getting lost driving down some podunk two-lane highway. This last time was no exception.



The music world lost a legend this past week and I would be remiss if I didn't put his best known hit up as a tribute:



Enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Sunset. Good stuff, my man.

Semper Fi