Sunday, June 06, 2010

Helen Thomas - Charlatan, Bigot

I have always thought Helen Thomas of the WH Press Corps was impersonating a fair and unbiased journalist. Now we have the proof that she is not and is a bigot, to boot. If you have been in a news vacuum over the weekend, you may have missed these comments from her own mouth:



Looking at facial expressions and body languages can tell us much about a person and what they are telling us, but in this case the "eyes" have it. Note the sinister look in her eyes as she says these despicable things. They are clear and tell us that these are not the words of someone suffering from dementia. She knows what she is saying and really means it.

Then, let's analyze this further and see what the reaction would be if we modified her statements a little bit:

- Suppose she had said this about Mexicans: They should go back home to Mexico, this is American land and they are invading it.

- Suppose she had said this about Blacks: Time for them to go back to Africa where they came from, they should not be here now that slavery is over.

Once this hit the airwaves and the internet, she would be banned from the WH Press Corps. I guarantee you, she would not have a place there - anymore.

Secondly, Hearst would retire her immediately. If she went quietly, she could get her benefits and move on with her life for however long she has left on this earth. If not, she'd be fired outright.

Neither of these things will happen, of course. For many people in this world, Jews are the scourge of society--much like they were in Hitler's day. They are the lowest form of life and are not considered to be human beings, worthy of any rights... whatsoever. Back in Nazi Germany and the European lands it conquered, many turned their backs because they weren't Jewish and it didn't directly affect them. They were cowards.

I suspect this is also the case today, as the MSM has been anti-Israel for some time now and this has planted seeds of anti-semitism in young minds that will now grow up hating Jews. An entire generation has been educated by anti-semitists and liberal apologists -- who oppose Israel's existence. It actually seems to be cool to hate Israel on most university campuses, these days.

Let's be clear about something here at PYY:

If Helen Thomas had said either of those two things I just mentioned (in any form or modification), PYY would vehemently condemn her statement or staements. No questions, no excuses. Such is the case with the statements she did make in this video. They are vile and worthy of all condemnation and should qualify her for immediate termination. There is no excuse, no taking out of context, no explanation that is credible enough that will change my mind.

And....for anyone who makes the argument that she is merely condemning Zionism, you are welcome to respond to this post. But if I were you, I would take a moment and think about something before you look foolish. Her words reflect nothing short of religious cleansing, which was taking place in Kosovo in the late 90s. Nothing....not one damn thing is different and I challenge anyone to try and prove otherwise.

It's time for people to stand up to this kind of blatant hatred and stop coddling people who are a threat to peace and stability in the world, even if they are old people who should know better. It's time to start understanding that eradicating and/or dispersing 7.5 million people from a tiny strip of land in the Middle East is not worth another world war. It's time to let worthless haters know that this is not okay.

Israel has been a nation for 60 years now, they are not going away without a fight. And I don't blame them one bit for protecting their homeland from their sworn enemies. They will be there for a long time. So Helen, Hamas, Hezbollah, and other terror-loving entities need to deal with it, and get used to it.


Addenda:

1. It doesn't happen very often that Lanny Davis and I are on the same page, but evidently he is with me on this.

2. Want to give Hearst Corporation a piece of your mind? Here is the e-mail of the PR contact from their website: lbagley@hearst.com

I told them I would unsubscribe to the four magazines they publish that come to my house on a regular basis, if they did not fire her. I doubt they will go under because they lose my business. But if enough people did it, who knows?

3. The ball may be beginning to roll, here is the statement released by Helen's publicity agent:

"It is with a heavy heart that Nine Speakers, Inc. announces its resignation as the agent for Helen Thomas, Dean of the White House Press Corps. Ms. Thomas has had an esteemed career as a journalist, and she has been a trailblazer for women, helping others in her profession, and beyond. However, in light of recent events, Nine Speakers is no longer able to represent Ms. Thomas, nor can we condone her comments on the Middle East. Nine Speakers will continue to enthusiastically represent all of our other current and future clients." -- Diane Nine


Bravo!!!

If you know anyone needs an agent, send them to Diane. Her e-mail is ninespeakers@usa.net

16 comments:

Chuck said...

Well written and I agree that is was not a slip of the tongue which makes her apology a joke.

As far as this

I doubt they will go under because they lose my business. But if enough people did it, who knows?

I do the same thing. Your right, losing our business will not sink them but it is the principle. I refuse to give my money to someone who supports this type of thing.

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to abide this woman's snide arrogance and in your face liberalism.

Her recent remarks do not surprise me, but I have to admit that I didn't know she was ethnically a Jew Hater. According to online sources, "Thomas was born in Winchester, Kentucky. Her parents, Mary (née Rowady) and George Thomas, were Lebanese immigrants from Tripoli, Lebanon." It makes you wonder if she shouldn't get the hell out and go home to ... Lebanon.

Greg said...

Let the mask slip a little, huh, Helen?

- Suppose she had said this about Blacks: Time for them to go back to Africa where they came from, they should not be here now that slavery is over.

Except that the Jews in Israel are already in their homeland. What Helen Thomas is doing is repeating a time-honored revisionism that is a favorite of anti-Semites: that the Jews have no claim to the land that is now Israel. To Thomas "Palestine" means "Israel." She doesn't recognize Israel as a legitimate state.

This is why I am very, very suspicious of anyone who says, "I'm anti-zionist, not anti-semitic." Yeah, like Helen Thomas. [spit]

Good riddance, hag.

rocket said...

and I always thought she was Jewish

A.C. McCloud said...

I'll bet Gibbs is the most thankful man on earth today.

LA Sunset said...

//This is why I am very, very suspicious of anyone who says, "I'm anti-zionist, not anti-semitic." //

They have a right to be Zionist, it is their land. They were kicked out of everywhere else, except the US. And one cannot help but wonder how long they will be welcome here, knowing how people in academia feel about them.

LA Sunset said...

//and I always thought she was Jewish//

Nope.

LA Sunset said...

//I'll bet Gibbs is the most thankful man on earth today.//

Even a lying sack of feces found some mercy.

rocket said...

I lived there for a year 76 -77. Always had to keep an eye out wherever you went and don't stray to close to the border.

LA Sunset said...

//I lived there for a year 76 -77. Always had to keep an eye out wherever you went and don't stray to close to the border.//

Which border was it?

rocket said...

I was at a Kibbutz call Beit Hashita between Afula and Beit Sh'aan. West Bank

LA Sunset said...

Rocket, i would love to see Israel. But I fear it is not going to happen in this lifetime.

What were you doing there at that time?

rocket said...

"What were you doing there at that time?"

Living and working in a Kibbutz and learning the language.

Great place but small and surrounded.

LA Sunset said...

//Great place but small and surrounded.//

One can only imagine how the Israelis feel now, with their enemies so determined to see them exterminated. I would think it would feel like West Berlin back in the days of the Warsaw Pact, only far worse.

Ron Russell said...

I listened to this old bat for more years than I would like to admit, being a traditionalist I normally hate to see old things go, but with Helen I'll make an exception.

LA Sunset said...

Ron,

I like tradition too. But her sense of tradition evolved into more hate than anything else. Like you, I say good riddance.