Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Blast From The Past

Summer is here and in full swing. Those of us who live in the temperate zones cannot wait for this time of year, usually spending the entire winter day dreaming about the day when we can once again run around in shorts. Through the cold winds of January and February, we patiently await these days to arrive and receive them with much gladness:



Every year at this time I remember years gone by in a special way. As a boy in California and Hawaii, I couldn't wait for my dad to be off on the weekends so he could take us all to the beach. I can still smell the salt water air of those beaches we used to frequent:



Enjoy.


2 comments:

Z said...

WHAT? No HOT TIME IN THE SUMMER TIME by SLY STONE? (I think!)?

Well...these were nice. ahem.
Would you believe this is THE first day it's been really rather warm since about 10 AM in SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA? June Gloom's reigned and I have to admit I"VE LOVED IT.
Not a hot weather fan here........xx

LASunsett said...

Z, I did that one a couple of years ago, I think. But I thought about it.