Thursday, November 10, 2005

Happy Birthday USMC

I wish to extend my wishes to all Marines for their dedication, committment, service, and sacrifice on this, the birthday your beloved Corps. Happy Birthday to the men and women that earned the distinction of being called, by that title. You are all the modern-day equivalents of a knight. You earned that blue dress uniform that clearly looks sharper and better than any other branch.

I was not a Marine. I didn't want to run three miles a day, when the Army was only running two. But Mustang at Social Sense did.

Today, he honors his fellow Marines, both alive and dead, at his site. I would highly recommend that you click on the link I just provided you and go read what he has written and leave him a well-wish, on this special day.

Well. What are you waiting for? DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

Don't wait for God to click the mouse for you, MOVE IT!!!!!!!!!


UPDATE - G at The Road To Middle America served in the Marines, I have been waiting patiently for him to put his tribute up so I can link to it. But since he has left active duty, I think he has a tendency to sleep in. But it is now up at his site and here is the link to it.

UPDATE II - Heidi at Euphoric Reality has a tribute with some facts, you may find interesting. Check it out. NOW!!

6 comments:

LA Sunset said...

Good, now get to work teaching the truth. Move out. ;)

G_in_AL said...

thanks LA.

btw, I had my logo changed at 0530 CST (no idea anymore what that is zulu).

Semper Fi

Anonymous said...

Thank you, LA . . . you'd make one hell of a first shirt in our Corps. I salute you, sir!

LA Sunset said...

Thank you Mustang.

I don't like being on the high seas, so the Navy and Marines were out. I fly when I have to, but overall, I don't care for flying, so the USAF was out. Besides that, it was hard to make rank in the AF. A lot of people retire, E5-E6.

That left the Army. I like land. I like to be in control of the vehicle I am in. I liked being able to dismount a few feet from the ground, and then I can operate. And I made E5 in three years, in an excess MOS. So, I think I did okay.

They wanted me to re-up for Drill Instructor School. But I didn't. As you probably know, they are there when the trainees get up and when they go to bed, not a lot of time for a personal life. Just long days.

Always On Watch said...

LA,
I gave my American History class a little lesson in the USMC birthday celebration yesterday afternoon, November 10. It just so happened that in the chapter we were studying, there was a little section on the Barbary Pirates, and mention was made of Tripoli. We read that portion aloud, and I sang the USMC hymn to the class. You should've heard the gasps of recognition! The teachable moment.

LA Sunset said...

Never underestimate the power that has been granted you as a teacher. You sound like an excellent one, which is quickly becoming extinct.