Tuesday, November 22, 2005

John Fitzgerald Kennedy 1917-1963

Today is the day the assassin's (or assassins'?) bullets struck and killed the President, 42 years ago. I was in kindergarten in Fairfield California, when I heard the news. Where were you?

I have no doubt (from the many books I have read on this man) that if he were President today, he would be fighting the war on terror. He was an American first, a politician second. He was a Democrat when it was honorable to be a Democrat. And he did not like it when America or her interests, were threatened.

Maybe, just maybe, there will come a day when the true Democrats will squeeze out the leftists that have hijacked the party and make it the party of Kennedy, again.

5 comments:

All_I_Can_Stands said...

What a difference between JFK then and Ted now.

Anonymous said...

I remember this day very well, and I wrote about it at Stacking Swivel a couple of months back.

Semper Fi

LA Sunset said...

AICS,

Ted couldn't carry Jack's jock strap.

Mustang,

I will find it and link it. Thank you sir.

Mark said...

Only another 30 years until the Warren Commission data is released. The only surviving member is former President Ford.

Imaging an important government commission today announcing that it's sealing it's data for over 70 years.

LA Sunset said...

I thought it was 50 years.