Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Recommended Reading

Some things worth a look when you get a moment:


Unfair. It was supposed to be the Democrats' bounce and those dirty rotten Republicans stole it. What happened to Obama's bounce after the Temple of Barack speech? Jennifer Rubin of Commentary Magazine tells us what she thinks happened to it.


Reid Wilson of Real Clear Politics doesn't think political bounces are all that significant.


Many comparisons have been between Barack Obama and JFK, without much thought as to what JFK really stood for. Forbes Magazine's Peter Ferrara explains where a stark contrast exists. Obamatons may want to free their minds before reading this one.


Frida Ghitis, of World Politics Review, is beginning to see Europeans liking Americans again. But, just between you and me, I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.



3 comments:

Greg said...

Before I read the articles, I just want to say that I think the polling over the summer indicates that Obama has maxed out on voters. He's not picking up anyone new. He may also be losing some people, like Hillary supporters.

Now to the LAS-approved articles, which are always good....

Greg said...

As to the Ghitis article, I still wonder - why should I care if the Europeans like my country or not? As Ms. Ghitis suggests, the good feelings will only last until the next disagreement. It could come as early as November if America shows how racist it is and doesn't crown Hussein Obama.

LA Sunset said...

//why should I care if the Europeans like my country or not? //

Can't really think of any good reasons. It is us who must live and work here. Maybe it's the old principle that some feel the need to bash us, merely just to make themselves feel better about themselves.