Thursday, September 20, 2007

Behind Closed Doors

There are some things that really upset me and one of them can be found here. There, you will find a disturbing video that demonstrates something I will never be able to understand. As a man, I have always believed that only cowards physically abuse women. And I always will.

Somewhere long the way, I do believe that we must address this kind of behavior, if our society is to have any kind of chance to survive. The foundation of a great society is in its people and their character. Too many kids have learned this kind of behavior from their father and the cycle continues, in them today. The cycle must be broken.

By now most of you that read this blog with any regularity know, I am not with women's groups on the lion's share of feminist issues. But what this video shows, is one they will always have my support on. There is no excuse for a man to beat on a woman (and no excuse for a woman to beat on a man, either). Men should be protective, not destructive.

Take a look if you want. If you are easily disturbed by these kinds of things, don't. But know where this blog stands on this and it's not with cowards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's an old post, but I'm glad you posted it.
I cannot fathom...the pain, the suffering.
My heart aches for her, her children, and all like them.

LA Sunset said...

It's an old post, but I am glad you read it. For everyone we read about, there are thousands and thousands more we never hear about.

I am not a violent man, but I would love to have some of these bastards in a room with me for a few minutes.