Saturday, September 10, 2005

Some Thoughts On Katrina From One Who Knows

Flaming Duck: My Thoughts On All Things Katrina

Click on the title for a piece put together, as a request from me. And I thank him for it.

The reason is simple. Nancy Pelosi and like people have made total fools of themselves in speaking of things that they do not know the first thing about. And I, for one, am thoroughly sick of it.

You really need to read this. He is more of an expert than Pelosi, the Hollywood elitists, and all other people that are presenting themselves as credible authorities on this subject. Here is a brief snippet:

Any evacuation plan that removes 80% of 450,000 people from a city is a resounding success.


Now, I have worked in government. VARepublicman works for government now. He and I both first hand knowledge of how it works. And although I, myself, have not worked in city planning like VAR does, we both know just how hard it is to put the simplest of projects together with all of the BS you encounter, along the way. And to expect total and complete perfection from a bunch of BS artists (like most politicians are), in a crisis like Katrina is nothing short of amazing, when you consider the total picture.

Finger pointers need to read this. Help is available.

3 comments:

VARepublicMan said...

Thanks for the kind words, LA.

LA Sunset said...

You are most welcome, VAR.

Esther said...

Interesting post, LA. Thanks for that!