Saturday, November 03, 2007

Another Blast From The Past

Sorry rock fans, this weekend we are departing from the usual rock format, but only for a moment. After Alice Cooper fraying our nerves on the Halloween installment, I thought we'd mellow out just a bit and soothe the senses with some of my favorite relaxing sounds, of the past.

The first tune is one of the most beautiful songs in the world. It is performed by Paul Mauriat and his Orchestra. Here is L'Amour Est Bleu, better known in English as, Love Is Blue:



Another mellow instrumental was a catchy little tune by Frank Mills and was a huge international hit in the 70s. Here is the immortal, Music Box Dancer:



While we are on a roll with instrumentals, there is one that needs to be heard. As I have said many times before, I am not much of a country fan. But this tune, defies the stereotype and is always one that will relax the soul. Here is Floyd Cramer and his mega-hit, Last Date:



Finally, in honor of my father's birthday on Monday, who would have been 75: He passed away 10 years ago this past February, but remains very much alive in my heart. He loved Frank Sinatra, so very much. So, again in honor of my dad, here is a one of his and my favorite songs by Ol' Blue Eyes, Summer Wind:



Enjoy.

No comments: