Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is the day set aside for giving thanks for the many blessings and fortunes we have. I have always maintained that being thankful is more than just saying "thank you", more than setting aside a day to eat turkey and watch football.

I have always felt that thankfulness is a state of mind. That is to say, it is an attitude that one has, as a manifestation of a value system that promotes sincere appreciation for the things we have. It lives within us.


Today, I can relate the many things that I am thankful for, in my life. The list is long and would sound monotonous, if I posted it. So, I won't. It is a list filled with things both great and small.

But if I am truly thankful, I will pause periodically throughout the year and think about these things I have and will feel the same feeling towards them on Mar 22, as I profess that I do today. And, I do.


And although I said I would not bore you with the generic details of the things I have to be thankful for, I will make one exception: I am truly thankful for all of you that read this blog. Thank you all for visiting, my little corner of the world.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

2 comments:

A.C. McCloud said...

Hope it's cold enough for ya up there. It's finally cold down here. But the bird is getting warmer.. have a happy one, LA.

Always On Watch said...

LA,
I have always felt that thankfulness is a state of mind.

And lies in our hearts--my terminology.

Blessed Thanksgiving to you, LA!