Monday, August 01, 2005

New Blogs Added To Blogroll

If you take a look at the PYY Blogroll, you will notice three new blogs that have been added. These blogs are all unique in there own way, but there is one commonality in them. They are all written by thinkers.

I have searched for and read hundreds and hundreds of blogs, since I created this blog. There are a lot of blogs out there but not all are worth reading. And of the total number of blogs that are, there are some very good ones. But the ones you see here on this blogroll are ones that have stood out in its own unique way, for one reason or another. All are well-written, but more importantly, they all have something of exceptional and noteworthy value to say. They have all have messages.

These three new blogs are no exception.

Liberty And Culture

Jason does an outstanding job writing on topics that should be at the forefront of everyone's mind. His arguments are also well-documented and he makes them clearly and intelligently. And it shows in every piece. I think those that read his blog, wish he'd post more. But as I say, when real life calls, we must all respond.


In The Middle Of America

G is a former marine that sees both extremes as detrimental to the advancement of a free society. But he is not wishy-washy, in the least. His opinions are strong and he does a great job articulating them. He takes intelligent stands and let's you know what they are. I sense he is a bit liberatarian. (He is also starting a new endeavor in commentary, cartoons. I, for one, saw his first one and can't wait to see his next.)


The Road To Euro Serfdom

EU Serf gives intelligent and sensible commentary from a British perspective. He has been critical of the EU and has communicated his stances, complete with solid evidenciary support. But most importantly, he gets "it". (It's no secret how I feel about Europe. I may be critical of it at times, but make no mistake, I love Europe. And this blog gives me an indicator of just what the real pulse of Europe is.)

I urge those of you that read PYY, to check these three(and the other blogrolled blogs) out. Whether I agree with them 100 % on each and every issue or not, is irrelevant. They are thinkers and they think things. Not only that, they communicate the thoughts they think, clearly and intelligently. But most importantly, there is much one can learn from reading their thoughts and opinions. Because their thoughts will make you think, too.

5 comments:

Esther said...

Very cool. I like seeing what you recommend. :)

LA Sunset said...

I wouldn't steer you wrong, Esther. ;)

Anonymous said...

Good choices, LA. Excellent. But if I may interject one truth: There is no such thing as a "former Marine." There are only two types of Marines: Live ones, and dead ones. Oooorahhh!!

I linked to you in an article for 2 August, LA with gratitude for an idea or two. I also will cross post at The Wide Awakes, so I hope that many others will follow the link to your site.

Semper Fidelis . . . I'll be back in touch once the move has run its course.

LA Sunset said...

SIR, I stand corrected, SIR.

Actually I know that. I have many friends that have served as marines, but are now "inactive". And that is the same thing, they always say, when i use that term.

You guys are the knights of this modern day. You earned the right to be called marine until the day you die. (And, you earned that uniform, which by the way, I think is still the best looking of them all.)

I was not a marine. But, I was a soldier and still am at heart. The discipline that the military gave me and the lessons I learned, have stayed with me throughout my life. And being second generation military, you know that I got double, maybe even triple dosed.

But thank you very much for the plug, I do so much appreciate it.

And you be safe on the road, sir. For every intelligent person like yourself, there are anywhere from 20-30 dumbasses. So you will be outnumbered greatly, on the road.

Jason Pappas said...

Thanks. And thanks for understanding the time contraints from my day job.

Of course, there's so much to read from your blog, and all our other friends, I know someone is covering the important stuff! Hope I can add a few good points to the debate.