Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Vacation Time

Tomorrow I leave for Oregon for about six days. I haven't had a true vacation for several years. I have gone on some short trips for long weekends, and certainly enjoy those. But to take a long stretch off like this will be different, to say the least.

I am a type A, I can never truly relax for extended periods of time. I am really hoping that some time in the mountains, sometime on the rocky coast, and some time breathing fresh air will help facilitate some form of therapeutic and cathartic release.


All of those things will be well and good, but the most important part will be visiting with my dad (biological). I haven't seen him for several years. And even though he is in his 80s, he is healthy, drives, and is on the go a lot. But at his age, I never know when I may get the call. So, it is imperative I see him, while I can.

I may not always be near a computer, so blogging may be light, short, or nonexistent, I just don't know. But rest assured, if I get near one I will rip off a few posts, short, sweet, and to the point. If I get a chance, I will photoblog some neat scenery. Oregon is bound to be very nice this time of year.


Until then, feel free to visit my blogrolled sites, as well as any of my archived posts. And as always, thank you for reading.

6 comments:

Esther said...

LAS, have an AWESOME vacation! Looking forward to the pictures. Don't worry about blogging...do it when you can. We'll keep checking back. :) I think it's awesome you're going to see your father. Enjoy the fresh air and the good company. :)

_H_ said...

Have a great vacation , will check back on your return

have fun

Mark said...

Have fun!

G_in_AL said...

I havnt had a realy vacation in about 6 years. I go see family, but its not the same as the wife and I jetting off somewhere fun and exotic... maybe when my ship comes in I will pull that one off.

Have fun LA, see you around in a week.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time...you deserve to take care of yourself for a change!

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you get back, LA.